Monday, June 20, 2011

Jacob's Blog

Well today we are leaving and I must admit it is harder than I had expected. To be perfectly honest I was sort of ready to be back to a normal life in America, but now leaving I feel that I do not deserve to come back to the luxurious life I have. These children are the ones that deserve the best life has to offer. They are consistently happy and joyful when they have hardly anything to be happy or joyful about. Their parents abandoned them and nobody wanted to have anything to do with them, yet they are just happy to be alive. Seeing this makes me furious that I can be so selfish and stubborn to think that when everything doesn't go exactly the way I want it to then it's not right.
Earlier this morning I had to say goodbye to Moses; the sixteen year old boy that I had become rather close to the last eight days. I told him to come by at 6:30 to wake me up so I could say goodbye and he was there right on the dot. We said goodbye and he nearly started crying. I don't know why God has blessed me with the life I have, but this trip has brought me to the reality once again of how blessed I am.
Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.

For Him,
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment