Saturday, June 18, 2011

Katelyn's Post

When we got to the Children's Home, we started playing with the kids. I thought it was amazing that all 102 kids can fit in one house, and I thought 6 people was a big family. I went to school for a couple days. One teacher teaches grades, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ,and 6th all in one room. There is only 10 kids though. One day my mom, Aunt Audra, Sydney and I worked in the classroom and played games involving math. The children thought it was a lot of fun. Later that day we went outside and played soccer. In the middle of the game it started raining. We stayed outside and continued playing soccer in the rain. The rain felt so good. It was raining big drops and it was so cold.

Today we went outside and played with the kids for about an hour. Then I went and helped give clean drinking water to the surrounding community. About 20 people came while I was there.

Thanks you for praying for us, for the baby sheets and helping us come here.

Love,
Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture you in the classroom helping the teacher! God has given you the gift of compassion. I know you are a huge blessing to those children. Praying for you, sweet girl!
    Love you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete