Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kenya, June 30, 2012 by Madison


Kitale, Kenya
June 30th , 2012
We are three days in and I have to say, I am completely exhausted. But I can also say it is completely worth it! The children that were here last year are all so much more grown up and so much more mature than last year.
I cannot even imagine leaving. I have become attached to more kids this year than I thought I would. There is one little boy in particular who has stolen my heart completely.. James. He is a little slower than all of the other kids here, but it isn’t autism. It is a slight mental retardation, but it isn’t severe. He is so happy all of the time, he loves to clap, and enjoys being tickled more than most of the kids.
The other day, he cut the bottom of his toe and it swelled up to where it looked like he had broken it so they had to take him to the doctor. Every time they go, they check the kids for malaria, and he ended up having it so he had to get a shot. When the doctor told him this, he said he would not take the shot unless he got corn. We all laughed and laughed, but he got his shot and his corn.
I am going to miss it so much here, the older kids all remember Jacob and I from last year. It makes me tear up just thinking about having to leave them again. Please continue praying for health and healing! God is amazing and we feel so blessed to be here.
Blessings,
Madison Burtch

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how God enables us to bond so quickly with people when our hearts are open. Praying for God to use you all in mighty ways! Love you all....take lots of pictures:)

    ReplyDelete