Monday, July 2, 2012

Kenya Update by Jacob


Where to begin…  First of all I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers that have been lifted up; we have definitely felt the Lord’s presence.  This trip has been all I had built it up to be, everything that I had wanted and hoped it would be, God has blessed me with.  This is now the 5th day we have been here and the time is flying by.  The children are an absolute blessing.  The best feeling was walking in and the kids screaming my name because they remembered me.  The first night we were here Moses (the boy that I talked about last year that was my age) and I, were reunited.  I walked up to him and he would not let me go.  He literally hugged me for 10 minutes, and it was great.  We talked all night and it was like I never left and I was his best friend.  Yesterday I helped him milk the cows, and needless to say, I was terrible at it.  Moses said if I did it for 3 days that I would be very good at it, but I’m going to take his word for it and not test it out.  Sleep has not been very good these days, so I’m usually asleep by 8 o’clock and awake at 3 o’clock, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. 
Once again thank you for the thoughts and prayers.  We are extremely blessed to have a church family that is so supportive.  Continue to pray that God uses us to show these children His love.
For Him,
Jacob Burtch

2 comments:

  1. Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to see how happy Moses was when he saw you. God is good!

    ReplyDelete