Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cary

We are spending our last night in Honduras. I can't believe how quick the week flew by. I am ready to get home and see Lisa, but I will miss many things in Honduras. I will miss the Chorti people, walking the cobblestone streets, riding in the back of the pickup, the beautiful scenery and mountain views. I will NOT miss fireworks going off all night, roosters crowing outside our window at 3:00 a.m., and Honduran deodorant - bug spray, sunscreen and germ-ex!
It has been an adventure I will treasure and never forget. I got to visit three different Chorti villages. The living conditions are very poor, but the Chorti people are wonderful. They are extremely friendly and gracious. They are hungry to hear the word of God. They were very attentive as we talked to them. They thanked us for visiting them and asked us to come back.
I am very impressed with the different people that work with and help the Chorti. We got to visit the Ag Center, which is a place designed to teach the Chorti efficient ways to farm and raise goats. The villages are on the sides of mountains, which creates many problems for farmers. The Ag Center has made a significant difference in their lives.
I have never been involved in anything like this trip and it has been a great blessing for me. I thank God for sending me on this trip and for all the people I got to share it with this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Cary, just remember you are coming home to a large building full of junior high people -- maybe those roosters crowing and fireworks going off don't sound so bad now, huh? And could you threaten my son with detention if he doesn't post something as he seems to be the only team member who hasn't, just so I can see that he is doing ok??? So glad you got to go -- we have been praying for you guys and your work there continually this week and continue to pray for your safe return home. :) JOY

    ReplyDelete