Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jaclyn(:

This trip to Honduras has been amazing! I think every time I come I am going to learn something new. This trip was very touching. These people truly need us. Sunday we went to a church service in Ottuta. They thought we were "Moi Alta Gringas"! I had fun there. The way they all pray is so inspiring. Although I have no idea what they are saying, you could tell it was deep. They all stand up and yell their prayers out loud. It was awesome. Monday the village I went to was called La Huertona. The people there were so friendly. At first they were shy, but the quickly opened up. Our last day there they couldn't quit thanking us. Then one man said he hopes we never forget all of them and that we come back very soon. You could see the desperation in their eyes. They love when we come to their villages. We taught them to say "Jesus Loves Me" and we played several games. And while we were all having fun together, they were learning more and more about God. Wednesday I went to a village called Miramar. It is WAY high up in the mountains. It was so beautiful. I got to read the story "Peter denies Jesus". I think they understood it pretty well. Then today I went to a village called Gotus De Sangre. On the way I thought we were goners. We were driving to meet this lady and our car starting sliding down the mountain! I think me and Kameran were the only ones worried. Or at least the only ones that showed it.(: But no worries we are all safe. The lady we met with was an inspiration. She told everyone she was rich. She had lost her husband and her house was falling apart. She was raising three sons. Whenever people asked what she meant by being rich, she told them that it was because she had Jesus Christ in her. She was so sweet! Once we got to the village we told them some stories and played games. I got to hold the cutest little baby. He was 4 months old!(: I'm sad we are leaving, but I'm ready to see my friends. I love Honduras and I cannot wait to come back! I will definitely miss it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment