Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Shalea---July 2, 2014

Today was amazing! We travelled to the Las Brisas village this morning.  The drive there was not as rough as the drive to Gobiata that we encountered yesterday! Our journey today was breath taking and unimaginably beautiful.  I felt like I was in the movie Jurassic Park!  We travelled over streams, through coffee fields, and along narrow roads up into the clouds.  The students were very outgoing and happy to see us.  When compared to the other three villages, this one was the happiest and loving.  The children just smiled and laughed, and it became evident as to why after we met the teacher and Angel.   Angel was the man who Edgardo has been meeting with from this village.  Angel thanked us and told us that they pray for us.  We could not help but cry due to his kind and sincere gesture of gratitude.  It was so powerful and from his heart.  God has made His way to this village thanks to the efforts of Edgardo and previous seeds that were planted by the teams that have come before.  It was very encouraging to see how God has transformed the village at Las Brisas. 
            I showed the kids my iPhone, and they were so excited to learn how to play the app “Peek-A-Boo-Barn” that I have on it.  You should have seen their little eyes light up as they saw animals come to life.  I made about fifteen little friends quick! I would love to take them all home with me.  I love these children and their sweet spirits.  “We are His hands and feet! Go into all of the world preaching the gospel.” Let the harvesting begin!

Shalea


No comments:

Post a Comment