Thursday, July 3, 2014

Viatris---July 3, 2014

I thank God for another great day! We went to Aldea Nueva. Today we were able to work with 3, 4 and 5 year olds. It was a joy to see the students enjoying coloring, making bead bracelets and playing outside with a beach ball. When we first walked in one of the students began to cry (a 3 year old). Her teacher took her and sat her in her chair behind her desk. It was just a wonderful experience. She told us the children never leave the village.  As we began teaching with the kids and began to interact with them she began to respond to Shalea and I, by the end of the morning she was playing and coming to us as we called her. The teacher had the students sing a song to us in Chorti and Spanish. What a wonderful experience this was to my life just to see how they love and worship God. It was a blessing to share educational strategies with the teachers and teach a bible lesson and make some activities with the students from the villages.

Words cannot express the joy and blessing it was to come to Honduras to share God’s word with students and teachers!  I thank God for the team he put together for this mission trip, God always knows what he does. It was such as a blessing to make new friends Steve, Audry, Yadiara, Gabby, Edgardo and Samuel. They made us feel so at home.  My prayers for them all as we head back home. A part of me will stay here with my friends in Honduras and will definitely return again. I thank God for speaking to my heart to come and share the gifts he has given me and share them.



No comments:

Post a Comment