Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Valerie---July 2, 2014

Oh my, what an amazing day! I really think that God put us through yesterday so that we would appreciate today even more! Angel, one of the leaders of the village, has such a sweet spirit……you can really feel Jesus all around you. The children in the school were so eager to learn, and the teacher was so gracious in allowing us to take over his class.
The roads were rough about 20% of the time, but the rest was smooth driving. Edgardo is a gifted guide, protector, singer, pastor, father and friend. I’m so thankful that God allowed me to be blessed with his friendship. Please continue to pray for his wife, Ruvenia.
Things I will always carry in my heart that happened today: Luis’ sweet smile, the sound of the students singing a song in Chorti & Spanish, the parents’ interest in watching us work, a man carrying his new stove on his shoulder up the mountain, the children singing “Jesus Loves Me” after we taught it to them, the marvelous beauty of the Honduran mountains and the sound of the church leaders singing their version of “Jesus Loves Me” after hearing us teach their children!

Thank you, Lord for bringing me back to Copan. I will leave in two days, but me heart will stay here with the cherished Chorti.


No comments:

Post a Comment