Thursday, July 3, 2014

Valerie---July 3, 2014

I just can’t believe it’s already time to go!?!? Where has our week gone? It seems that we arrived in Copan yesterday, and now, we’re packing to go home! I leave Honduras being fully blessed and with the faces of the Chorti people forever etched on my heart.

This trip has been something new for the mission house. We actually went into classrooms to teach in front of the teachers. We also talked to Chorti parents discussing parenting techniques. Mark talked to the teachers giving them pointers from the E.E.U.U. Audrey and Steve said that they weren’t sure how week would go, but they were VERY happy with the results.

I remember the sweet faces and happy smiles of people who have very few physical comforts, but live each day with the love of Jesus in their hearts. As I go back to my huge home with dependable electricity, running water, AIR CONDITIONING and modern conveniences, the Chorti will go with me. Every time I turn on a faucet or flip a light switch or sit in my comfortable chair or feel the coolness of our fans and air conditioner, I will think of them, and remember the Chorti. Their lives are very simple when compared the my life, but through that simplicity, they continue to find joy!

Thank you so much to those of you who helped make this trip possible. Your contributions and prayers were such a blessing. Please continue to pray for the Chorti, for their Bible study, for Edgardo (the amazing man of God who gives the Chorti a voice), for Ruvenia (Edgardo’s wife who was in a horrible bus accident and is facing more surgeries, for Yadira (the wonderful cook and care giver that makes us feel like we’re home), and for Steve and Audrey who leave their lives in North Carolina and selflessly give their time and love to the teams who come to Copan and to the Chorti.




No comments:

Post a Comment