Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Connie---Tuesday

I awoke to the sounds of a bird's singing that I've never heard before after a restful night's sleep. Thank You, Lord for the opportunity to have another day to serve you.

Trish and I were in the kitchen trying to help Yadira. She told us to get out, she is "El Jefa" (boss) in the kitchen.

My prayers for today are:
  The 19 firemen in Arizona and their families
  The situation in Cairo and the safety of my family I have there.
  Keg and his life.
  Todd and Carol.
  Mark as he works with Edgardo
  God, show me Your way today.

Thank You, Lord, for the tasty breakfast and the fellowship.

The first funny of the day:  Trish couldn't figure out what the little tiny things were on the inside of her coffee cup. Well, the tiny spots were ants! We couldn't convince her they would be good for her digestion, so she had fresh blackberry juice. Yum!

Today, we plan to take the guitar to the village in the mountains. Also, we will be taking the shoes and clothing to the orphanage and possibly to a village.

We just returned from the orphanage. I have always found it difficult to understand this concept. Yes, I know there are various reasons for the necessity of such institutions in the United States and all over the world. Yet, seeing the orphanage places an ache in my heart. I know there are many couples that want children and can't have them. I feel helpless in these situations. I can hold them and love them while I am there. Yet, who is going to hold them and love them when I leave? Oh, another "group" will come along for a brief time and leave as we do. The only solace I can find is I know that "Jesus Loves The Little Children".

The rest of the day was a time to reflect.

Father, show me Your ways.
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment