Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Monday From Connie

This beautiful morning in Copan began with a scrumptious breakfast at the mission house. Starting my morning with my friends in Christ is the greatest way to start the day.

We sorted through some footwear that the group from Arkansas brought. We will distribute them to the villages and the orphanage. A funny thing happened at the very beginning of this project. I have searched "half" of Texas for a plain pair of dark purple flip flops to no avail. What did I see in the first bag of shoes? Yes, you guessed it...dark purple flip flops! You may ask, "How can you find a lesson from God in a pair of flip flops?" God did show me something.

I think of myself as frugal in many ways including buying cheap flip flops. As I see the poverty here in Honduras being "frugal" takes on a brand new meaning. Within the poverty here being frugal is a sort of way of life. Yet, the people don't even have enough to be frugal.

I now ask God to remind me of the abundance that He provides to me. I need to learn too that God has overly provided for me.

I ponder about how I can help here. I ask God to reveal to me what He wants me to do.

Mark Beaty worked with Edgardo on subjects he is wanting to know about the Word of God. He is so hungry for His Word.

Another reminder to me...Am I still hungry for God's Word? Have I taken it for granted? God, give me the desire to read and look into Your Word more to see more and more of You.

I ask for rest tonight for all of us. Prepare us for what You have in store for us tomorrow.

Connie

PS  I did NOT take the purple flip flops intended for the Hondurans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment