Monday, July 29, 2013

Honduras from Dexter


Honduras was a great trip because of how much I was able to see God work. Going to the villages and getting to speak to the kids was the best part. They were very shy at first, so we started with a bible story with some acting in it. They really started laughing when we attempted to act. I think that's one aspect God worked with me on a lot-- getting outside my comfort zone and looking silly. I think doing funny looking things like acting out Jonah and the Whale made the kids laugh and be more comfortable with us. They really seemed to enjoy the stories like Jonah and the Whale and Zacchaeus, and that seemed to get their attention the most. It was cool to see the light in their eyes and smiles on their faces. Honestly I'm not sure who was blessed more by the other's presence-- me or the Chorti. I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to go on this trip, and Him willing I'll be back again to glorify him.

No comments:

Post a Comment