Thursday, March 15, 2012

Montana.........by Kevin



This week in Poplar has been a truly eye opening experience for my naive West Texas eyes.   I have never been to a place where God has so obviously not been in the heart of the majority of the people of a community.  The amount of tragedies that the average person experiences on a daily basis in Poplar cannot be imagined unless you were here to witness it for yourself.   Suicides, rapes, murders, and molestations take place way too often.  The pure fact that someone committed suicide one of the nights we were here is completely mind blowing.  Watching a people of a sovereign Native American nation drink themselves into oblivion day and night in the streets of this town has been difficult and incredibly hard on my heart.  My mind has been spinning this week with a huge question; what difference can a small ministry team from Seminole, Texas make in such an ungodly place as Poplar?   As I sit here tonight recalling all the tragedies of this place, in my heart I know we made a difference.  I know we sang, I know we prayed, and I know we ministered and provided opportunities for God’s Word to be heard, I know we painted a lot of graffiti, and I know we started repairs on the basement of a church that makes a difference in this town. I know that this place has definitely not been saved in any major tent revival, save the town type of revolution, but I do know that some major seeds have been planted.    One person was saved and came to know God as their Savior (if that is one person that doesn’t kill themselves in this town that will be a miracle)!!!   We have given her that right of eternal life and she now has the power to make a difference in this town.  That is truly powerful!   I know that one small ministry team from Seminole, Texas did some amazing things in this community.   I will be glad to be heading home tomorrow to place where God is present!  It will be nice to be surrounded by love and not evil!  I will continue to pray for this community and hope God becomes the light of this town.  I will be taking an amazing gift back to Seminole, and that is the gift to see God at work on a daily basis.  I have taken that for granted!  WE are blessed and I cannot wait to get home and be enveloped and surrounded by those miracles and HIS Love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment