Thursday, March 15, 2012

Montana.........by Morgan


The beginning of the trip I was not looking forward to the long drive we had ahead of us. Two days in a cramped van didn’t seem like a joy ride of any kind. When we finally arrived at Montana I'm positive everyone in the vans jumped out and started dancing around because they were so happy we were out of the vans.
The first day we started working was a beautiful day and I was really working forward to getting the job done. At first I didn’t truly understand the reason why we were painting the fences and covering the graffiti. I finally understood that we were trying to help the town and make it cleaner in more then one way.
When we first went to the JDC the girls and guys just kinda looked at us like we were outsiders from a different planet if some kind. I only saw one girl who looked like God was really working on her heart when people where telling their testimonies. I was sure when we came back the next day that she would hopefully speak up and ask God into her heart.
A girl was saved this day but not the same girl that I thought would be. She was new to the group and you could tell that God had really been pushing her to stand up and ask the big question, “Can I be saved?” A wonderful ending to an amazing day.
This trip has really brought me closer to God. It has made we realize just how good we have it down in Seminole.  People here try to run away but can never get far enough. Attempt suicide, drink themselves to death, and do so many drugs it ruins their brains. I pray that God will lay a healing hand on this town when we leave and I also pray that every last one of these people ask God into their heart and will be promised eternal life in heaven with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment