Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday in Honduras---Connie


Thursday in Honduras. This is the day we end our ministry in Honduras. Tomorrow we begin our journey back home. What I have seen here in the eyes of the Chorti goes beyond words. Whether the eyes are of the young or old, I could see the longing for something. Yes, they have very basic needs, such as food, healthcare, and shelter. Many prayers were lifted up for our loving God to provide these basic needs. Yet, the look of longing for something was much deeper and more complex than the basic needs. Looking into their eyes I could see hopelessness, despair, and emptiness. What can fill this? Of course, the answer is God. As I reflect on this week, I pray fervently that there were seeds of hope planted in these beautiful people. As I prepare to go back home, I must make it my priority to be aware of people in my own hometown that have that same look of longing for something. The end of my journey in Honduras with the Chorti is the beginning of a new journey in my own hometown. I will carry the blessing that the Chorti have given to my heart with me. The fellowship of our mission team and Audrey and Steve will be uplifting to me for many times to come. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to share with the Chorti and be blessed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment