Thursday, July 8, 2010

Honduras From Hannah

First, I want to thank you for praying for this team! It is amazing what God has done for these people in just one week.
Seeing the little childeren and their smiles knowing they dont have much really hit me. They dont have to have all the nice and cool things to be happy like most of us do. They find joy in little and precious things. This week has made me very thankful for what I have back home!Telling the Bible stories was great and the kids, as well as the adults, really enjoyed them! They were pretty shy at first but playing games with the children really brought them out I thought. They really enjoyed Duck, Duck, Goose! They can play that game for hours!!
We have seen things that have changed out perspective on what working hard really is. Seeing a little children as young as 5 working in the fields with their family and not saying one word about how tired or hot ther were, but just working so hard not knowing any different. Little girls taking care of babies while the mother and father are out and having to be the role of mom, was really amazing!

There are no words to describe how beautiful the mountains are and the millions of trees here unlike where we live! Gods creation is amazing!! The roads and driving here are CRAZY!! I will be very thankful for the smooth and flat roads back home!!
I just want to thank the hosts and traslators here!! There is no way we could have done it without them! I will never forget the friendships I have made with them!! They made me feel like home as much as possible!!

Once again i just want to say thank you for all you have done for us this week while we were here!! Love yall and cant wait to see yall soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment