Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jaclyn from Honduras

This week has touched me in so many ways! It was a great experience. Even though we share with y'all all these inspiring stories, you can never fully comprehend it until you come for yourself. One day in the village a little boy got his finger slammed in the door. It was cut about three different ways practically hanging by a little bit of skin. It was wrapped in a paper towel and you could see the blood coming through. Since they had no nurse that was all they could do for him. Audrey got her first aid kit and went to work but there wasn't much she could do. He needed stitches badly. So since it was already time to leave we had him and his father come in the van with us so we could take them to the Hospital. He sat beside me in the car just crying his eyes out. He looked at me and I took off my Hippo "Silly band" and lay it out on the seat so he could see the shape. Then I picked it up and put it on his little arm. He immediately smiled at me. It was such a touching moment. I will be sure to take this with me all my life. We dropped them off at the Hospital and he got his stitches. We don't understand how lucky we are. If it would have happened to us we have a nurse at our school to take care of us. We have hospitals, doctors, etc. He almost didn't get stitches. He almost had to suffer and get his finger infected. If we would have gone the day before the incident imagine what would have happened. Imagine how many people's lives are lost because they don't have the medical things they need there. We are so privileged we don't even realize we are privileged. Anyways today at the village I got the opportunity to hold a 2 month old baby. He was the most precious thing. His mom looked pretty young. Growing up we all had toys, we all had t.v.'s, we all had clean healthy homes. That poor baby had none of that. None of those kids do. It makes you realize how we take things for granted. Whenever those kids would sing those songs about Jesus it just made your heart melt. Even though they don't have near what we have they praise the Lord as if they do. We should thank God for letting us have what we do. Even though everything here is temporary we are blessed. When they had church they HAD church. They praised and worshiped and sang to the LORD. It was nice to see that. I am hoping that someday we can get many from our church to come down here and experience this. I know I definitely want to come again. Thank you for all the prayers. I felt them working.

Jaclyn(:

No comments:

Post a Comment