Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trisha from Honduras

There are so many things I want to say and I know I'll forget half of it. My thoughts are coming faster than my hands can type! God has blessed us in so many ways! He has allowed me the awesome experience of working side by side with my husband and daughters to share His love to villages that don't see much love. I think these people are so busy trying to survive that they are sometimes unaware of the beauty surrounding them.

What I have noticed is that each age group has a different outlook. The young children are still so full of innocence. The older children maintain some of the innocence while beginning to realize the harshness of everyday life. The adults seem to have become resigned to the fact that life will always be hard for them, and the much older generation have a sense of pride that they have survived far longer than most. All of them, however are sweet spirited and eager to share what they have. The "outsiders" from America were welcomed with enthusiasm. They were as eager to share Christ's love as we were. Those that did not know Christ welcomed us anyway.

I believe there were places where we planted, places where we sowed, places we harvested, and still other places where we just broke ground. But in every place Christ was present. We must continue to pray for these people. Satan will not take lightly the work that has been done here this summer. The missionaries here have a never-ending task to just maintain the work that has been done.

I am so thankful God allowed me the opportunity to experience His work in this way. As I told Kameran one day this week...I will never be the same after this experience! It is hard for me to believe that a week ago I had never met some of the people we worked with, and now my heart is heavy at the thought of saying good-bye. It isn't really good-bye though, but merely "See you later!"

We love you, our Honduran friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment