Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kameran from Honduras

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.

First off, I would like to say thank you for all of the prayers that were sent our way! We could all definitely feel God's presence all around us.

This trip has been extremely eye opening! You will see these pictures and think of many different things, but I just have to let you know that these pictures don't truly capture the essence of reality that we experienced.
These children are so precious. They are able to find the best in anything and everything. They take nothing for granted, and even though they do not have much, they don't mind giving up a belonging of theirs. These children taught me to be thankful for even the littlest things. They can run under a parachute for hours and laugh and smile the entire time. The children are so loving, and their compassion and hospitality was overwhelming.
I honestly was not excited for this trip at all. I was scared beyond belief, and Satan got the best of me, but as soon as we went into the first village and those children ran to greet us with open arms, all my fears were washed away.
The families were so willing to participate after a while, and we discovered their love for music. We taught them "Sanctuario", or Sanctuary, in Spanish. That was obviously their favorite song. Just hearing the villagers sing this song at the top of their lungs made my heart swell.

This trip has changed each and every one of our lives, and we will never be the same again. The passion these people have for God is unbelievable! The villagers will literally walk for hours just to come together and worship. If half of us had that passion, our entire world could change.

This trip was truly a blessing in disguise, and I am so glad that I got to experience this blessing. God bless yall! Can't wait to share all of our stories!

Kameran


No comments:

Post a Comment