Saturday, July 2, 2011

Amber---The Need

I do not think I am going to be able to express in words the feelings that are stirring inside me. I am in awe of how breathtakingly beautiful it is here. At the same time I can’t keep from tearing up from seeing so much poverty. I have been fretting over what color tile I should buy to remodel our guest bathroom when on our way here from San Pedro Sula we saw homes put together like a scrap quilts using rusted tin, unwanted tarps and cardboard boxes. It broke my heart to see all the small kids walking along the road dirty and most likely hungry. There is so much need here. I am anxious to see what the Lord is going to do. I am loving being here with my 11 year old and his best friend. Watching them realize how blessed they are and seeing them understand that being a Christian does not just mean going to church on Sunday. It is about going when you are called to where you are called, to be used as a vessel. I am praying that the word “mission” will come to life and not just be a word they hear in church. All of us here want to be used mightily in whatever way God sees fit to further the Kingdom and His plans. I loved going to the ruins today. I learned sooo much. I have a much better understanding how arrogance and greed (the words our guide used not mine) of a few men could build a kingdom and ultimately put generation after generation of people in bondage…. I pray that through us Jesus will be able to break through the stronghold the enemy has over these people. I am pumped! We have not even technically started to work yet and God is already moving!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amber, I'm glad it has been so life changing already. It sounds amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it.
    Love y'all,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    God is blessing already and I can't wait to see what He has in store. I'm so proud of you for being available to serve.
    Love and prayers,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete