Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kenzie-Thursday

Hola! Esta semana ha sido una experiencia increĆ­ble!( This week has been such an incredible experience.) I have had a chance to see a foreign country, meet a new group of people, work on my spanish, and most importantly spend time focusing on God and doing his work. I came here not knowing what to expect and with the food distribution it was something new to everyone. I had a chance to go into about 9 different villages this week and in each village I meet children and adults who know what it is like to live without. For the first few days I played with the kids and they love to play. In one village we gave the kids balloons and you would have thought it was Christmas they had a blast. Also the adults were some of the most friendly people I have ever met, even though they have so little they always have a smile. The next few days I helped load and unload and reload and unload food again. It made me appreciate the things I have and the effort put in to obtain them. There was one Native man who helped us do all of this named Pablo; he probally lifted twice as much as all of us but never once did he complain or ask for a break he was always asking us if we were ready to go. It made me think twice about complaining or mumbling.
This week has taught me many things but one of the most important is that God is in control and if it takes a food distribution to reach people with the Word of God that's what He will do. He also has a plan for all of us even if we don't know exactly what it is eventually everything will work out according to that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment