Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Team 3 - Day 3 Cheryl

For all you rooster fans.....he's still alive! He is getting better about sleeping in-3:30 AM.

I have learned a lot of things the past 2 days. One, I can lift bags of maiz & frijoles in a dress!! Another thing is how gracious the Chorti people are. Village after village has gathered us together after we pass out the corn & beans to thank us and hug and kiss our cheeks. I can't tell you how many times I was hugged and kissed today. I couldn't tell you what they were saying, but from the smiles on their faces I know they were saying thank you.

I'm hoping that the video of the children singing in Chorti can be veiwed. Remember who's doing this blog. Haha!

Please continue to pray for safety. We did slide one wheel off the "embankment" and got stuck. Steve asked Cary to stay in the truck, so Cary put his seatbelt on. Kyle, Steve, & I baled out! Poor Cary. Cary was allow to get out once we had a rope tied to the truck. We had several men pulled the back end of the truck and straighten it up. It wasn't funny at the time but now it is.

Thank you for praying for us. Also, thanks for praying for Trevor. It's hard for a momma to leave the country when her son is having surgery. I know without a doubt that God-The Great Physician, will heal, protect, & comfort Trevor while I'm here.

Thank you for all the prayers,
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment