Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kimberly - Wednesday

Hola! Today we continued to distribute food to two villages: Hacienda de San Juan & Morazon. We gave corn and beans to around 175 families. The song that keeps coming to my mind this week is "Count your blessing". I have been singing it to myself at night as I go to sleep. The Chorti people have so little and yet they are still joyful. I do not thank the Lord enough for all the things he has blessed me with that I take for granted. The people in these villages do not have the luxuries we have like a bathroom with running water. We will go to three villages tomorrow and will work in the warehouse bagging the corn and beans. Please continue to pray that the physical and spiritual needs of the Chorti are met.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,
    Thanks for the update. There's nothing like spending time with the Chorti people in their villages to make you realize how much we take for granted. They are a sweet, loving, generous people and I miss them already. Maybe one day we can make the trip together. We are praying for all of you, and the people of Honduras. Give Audrey, Steve, and Marcia hugs from me. Tell Edguardo and Obando hello.
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete