Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Team 3 Day 4 Valerie

Where has the time gone? We have to leave for San Pedro tomorrow afternoon so we will only be able to visit one village in the morning. So many faces today looking to us for help, but it's not us..........it's God. He is working out so many details: allowing us to get to villages, preventing accidents or problems with bad roads, providing funds for more maiz and frijoles and allowing us to bless the Chorti with food to quench their physical hunger. We have also attempted to briefly feed them spiritually with testimonies and Bible stories. I have been blessed by the humility and graciousness of the Chorti, and they will be burned even deeper into my heart. I will be back to Honduras........I don't know how or when, but I feel that God is pulling me here.

Thank you for all of your prayers. My knees have not been an issue at all, but I haven't had to walk like Trish and Team 1. No one has been "baptized" (like Trish), but you need to ask Cheryl about the pictures with the monkeys.......there's definitely a story there. She has been lots of fun as a roomie and definitely in her element working fr the Chorti. She just jumps in and gets busy whether it's hoisting sacks of corn or loading bags of beans. It's been awesome seeing her meet the Chorti for the first time.

Cary is doing great. Every time I think of him reaching over and fastening his seatbelt, I giggle. Of course that's just to get past the seriousness of the situation. It could have been WAY worse, but again, God protected our Team and sent the Chorti men and Steve's wench to pull the vehicle back on the road.

We have new family from North Carolina.......along with Audrey and Steve, I now know Kyle and Nick. God has given them a strong testimony, and it was such a blessing to hear them tell them to the Chorti. It's also been awesome being here with Mary. I love hearing stories about how this ministry began. She and Billy forged the trails that we're now walking on to get to the Chorti. She has such a heart for everyone in Honduras.

Love to you all. I'm so sad about leaving with so much more to do, but I know that God will provide everything needed to get the food to the Chorti.

See you soon,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment