Monday, July 18, 2011

Team 3 - Day 2 Valerie

Oh my.........as we were handing out food I was thinking, "This is enough food for a month?". We handed out corn and beans. Each family received an amount based on how many people are in the family. Some received more and some less, but as each walked away I just kept praying that God would continue to provide for the Chorti until they are able to take care of themselves. The pictures tell the stories (as soon as we figure out how to download those from today!). There are smiles on the children and adults, but the eyes tell a different story. Please continue to pray that we are able to make it into the villages......it is raining A LOT. We barely made it out of San Isidro today! Sure do wish we could seen some of this rain your way, but I stand on God's promise that it WILL rain in Seminole!
The team here is awesome. We had a young man and his son walk up to the house this morning asking if they could do something. They are from Oregon and are in Honduras seeing the sights. The man's son, Justin, joined us and entertained the children with an awesome juggling show! The giggles and laughter showed how much the children and adults enjoyed what he was doing. God is so mighty, and He continues to provide for the Chorti!
My love to all of you. Skeet just let me know that Reagan left Amsterdam at 2:30 Texas time. She should be in Gulu, Uganda soon. I'll be on my knees for the next 2 weeks!
Take care, and thank you for your prayers. We sure do feel them,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Mi hermana de corazone! Not sure how to spell it, but you truly are my sister of the heart! I am praying for you AND for your sweet Reagan! God is doing a mighty work in both of your lives, and I'm so glad He has allowed me to glimpse it. I can't wait for the day we will be in Honduras together again! Give Steve, Audrey, Marcia, Edgardo, Obando, Ydira, and Marta my love. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete