Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trisha---July 5

Let me go ahead and explain the picture, and we'll get our laughs out of the way. Then I can get to the seriousness of this blog. As you can see by this picture, we have had a lot of laughs...mainly at my expense!! Today the road to the village we were going to was too treacherous. We had already driven about an hour. We then could not go any further due to the road being washed out. We walked the next hour or so, at some points straight up. I have never been so tired in my entire life! At one point we came to a stream. Several people took their shoes off and walked through the middle of the stream. I decided I was going to be like the kids and go over the rocks. As you can see, I had a little mishap! Poor Trevor! He was wanting to help me and I wouldn't let him. He then thought it was his fault I fell. I must say...it was NOT his fault. I was going down, no matter what, but if he had helped, he would have been in as well. These kids are troopers. They all waited until they saw that I was okay before laughing. Crystal, being the wonderful photographer she is, could not miss this photo op, however. I told them I would go ahead and post this on the blog before I saw it on Facebook!

My heart is so full of things to say, but I'm going to go ahead and head back to the hotel tonight so Steve and Audrey can get some much needed rest. I am going to upload pictures, but I will post quite a bit tomorrow. Be prepared to have your heart stirred. God has really been working on me this week.

We love you and are so thankful for your prayers!

Trish

2 comments:

  1. Trish,

    I am so sorry that you fell in the creek and so sad that I missed it. I would have made sure you were ok before I laughed (a dear friend of mine always tells me that....who could that be???).

    Thank you for putting some pictures on from the villages. It means so much to those of us here. They just brought tears to my eyes - such beautiful people! I am so glad that you were able to go - can't wait to hear more.
    Love you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, mi hermana, you are the first person in Seminole to be baptized in Honduras!!! So glad that you weren't hurt, but I bet you're probably stiff today. Did they tell you that I'm going to Honduras on July 15? I'm really nervous becausei will basically be in charge (since I'm the only one who speaks Spanish) until we get to Copan Ruinas. Again, God is stretching me. Thank you, my friend, for preparing the way, and for introducing me to the Chorti.
    I love you!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete